Welcome to the Utah Chapter of the IAAO
Utah Chapter Call for Award Nominations and Board Elections
It is time again to recognize the hard work of those around us.
The Utah Chapter of the IAAO is sending out a call for nominations for awards and the 2015 Board elections.
You can nominate an employee or colleague for an award by simply letting us know what they have done this year. The award criteria will let you know what awards are available and the qualifications. Please note not all awards require membership in the IAAO.
To nominate someone for a leadership role on the IAAO Board simply submit their name and jurisdiction. The following positions are open this year:
- President Elect- 3 year term
- Treasurer- 1 year term
- Secretary- 1 year term
- Board members 3,4,6 - 2 year term
Nominations may be submitted to Tiffany Opheikens at firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 801.399.8308. Deadline for nominations is October 22, 2014.
The Utah Chapter of the International Association of Assessing Officers (IAAO) serves as an educational and networking resource for public property appraisers and their staff throughout the state of Utah. We strive to follow the mission of our parent organization to promote innovation and excellence in property appraisal, assessment administration, and property tax policy through professional development, education, research, and technical assistance. Founded in 1965, the Utah Chapter of the IAAO also strives to:
- Promote uniform and equitable principles of assessment through professionalism;
- Educate the public on the importance of the work performed by assessing officers;
- Improve assessment standards through education and modern methods of efficient technology;
- Promote professional designations through our organization; and
- Better serve Utah taxpayers